Deadline: December 5, 2022.
Apply straight away for the Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2022, a Camp for Black Founders which consists of an immersive technology lab, as well as guidance, education, and support.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp was created with the goal of supporting founders and their organizations as they build the next generation of cutting-edge apps and to form a global network that encourages the pipeline and longevity of underrepresented founders and developers in technology.
Entrepreneur Camp offers cohorts for founders and developers who are female, Black, or Hispanic/Latinx and have app-driven businesses with one of the following:
- An existing app on the App Store
- A functional beta build in TestFlight
- An app in an equivalent state
The Camp experience begins with an immersive technology lab, where you’ll receive one-on-one code-level guidance from Apple experts and engineers to help you improve your app, as well as mentorship, inspiration, and insights from top Apple leaders. After the lab concludes, you’ll get ongoing support and become part of a growing community of other exceptional alumni who can help you build your business.
Selected organizations receive the following free of charge:
- One-on-one code-level guidance from Apple engineers.
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year.
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program.
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders.
Applications are accepted from developers worldwide and up to three members of your organization may attend. To be eligible to apply:
Your organization must have:
- A Black founder, cofounder, or CEO;
- A Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female* developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- An existing app on the App Store or a functional beta build in TestFlight, or the equivalent.
- The Black founder, cofounder, or CEO; the Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female developer; and another colleague (if applicable) must each be 18 years of age or older, proficient in English, and able to attend together for the entire duration of the lab.
The application consists of four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details. Tell us about your organization and provide contact information for up to three colleagues who would attend if your organization is selected.
- Your app. Provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future. Describe what you’d like to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Additional information. Select the dates for which you’d like to apply and provide any additional comments. Your application will be kept on file for one year.
Applications will be reviewed based on:
- Content of written responses to the questions on the application form;
- Commitment to development for Apple platforms using the latest Apple technologies; and
- Whether the app is unique or innovative.
Visit Apple for further information on Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2022