The Next-Gen Campus Reporter Awards
The Next-Gen Campus Reporter Awards will highlight the work of undergraduate student journalists who have expertly covered news of current events on and off campus at a number of Nigerian universities.
Deadline: 20th October, 2022
- Outstanding Investigative Reporting
- Favorite Gender Story
- Year’s Best Health Reporter
- Best environmental or climate change narrative
- Conflict Reporting at Its Best
- Top Fact Check
- Procurement story with the best budgetary tracking
- Best Election Monitoring Report
- Sport journalist of the year
- Journalist on Campus of the Year
- Undergraduate student journalists who have published their work on the Campus Reporter website and other media outlets are eligible for the award. The deadline for entries from interested parties is October 20, 2022.
- Each candidate may only apply for two categories, and candidates are not permitted to submit more than one story in a single category.
- Entries that are submitted to more than two categories will be rejected. Additionally, submitting several stories in a single category will result in disqualification.
Please be aware of the following rules:
- There is no entry cost, and entries are accepted through October 20, 2022.
- Entry publication anticipated to have taken place between January 2021 and August 2022.
- Entries submitted online by October 20, 2022, or earlier. Late entries won’t receive any extensions.
- A maximum of two categories can be selected by applicants, however, only one report submitted for each category.
- Before submitting the report, kindly review it well to make sure it is appropriate for the selected category.
- Complete all of the entry form’s required fields.
- Applicants should upload the news file in a Google Drive document and share the URL while properly filling out the submission form for entries published on electronic media (TV and Radio).
- If the quality of entries is below the acceptable level or if an entry submitted for the wrong category, the judges reserve the right to not choose a winner in any category.
- The number of points a college journalist receives from nominations in the two categories of “Best Investigative Reporting” and “Any Other Developmental Category” used to determine who wins the title of “Campus Journalist of the Year.” In the event of a tie, the judges’ panel will divide the prize.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
To apply, click here.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for additional inquiries.
For any additional Information about The Next-Gen Campus Reporter Awards CLICK HERE
Leave a Comment