Deadline: 6th November 2022
Africa Matters Innitiative (AMI) currently welcoming applications for the 2023 ShE is Empowered Development Programme. A one-year, non-residential, online development program for young African women and girls focused on leadership, soft skills development, social entrepreneurship, advocacy, African feminisms, and mentorship.
AMI will provide data to successful applicants to attend the online sessions and seed funding to assist with the execution of community engagement projects. However, if the cost of a project exceeds the amount of seed funding, the program participant required to fundraise the remaining amount. Tips and advice on fundraising shared during the program.
The Empowered Development programme 2023 has three (3) facets.
- The first is bi-monthly educational and interactive sessions with facilitators on different topics (e.g. financial literacy, personal development, social entrepreneurship and others.) supplemented with mandatory assignments.
- The second facet is mentorship, where each ShE Leader assigned a mentor to assist in their personal and professional development.
- The third facet is a community engagement project, where each ShE Leader must identify issues that affect their communities and establish tangible and sustainable solutions to rectify social ills. The CEP is to be carried out by the end of the program.
At the end of the program, participants emerge with a strong network of young African women leaders, mentors, and a certificate of participation, newly acquired skills and the support of the AMI team for participants to run social impact programs in their communities.
- After successfully completing the ShE program, you will join the Alumni Network of AMI Ambassadors and Leaders. As an alumna of the program you can become a mentor to incoming ShE Leaders, Attend and/or co-host AMI-related events and sessions in your country, continue your work with Africa Matters as an AMI Intern; facilitate Africa Matters flagship programs; become a ShE Application Reviewer and/or Interviewer, attend Future Residential Summit and/or AMI related events (if funding is available) and so much more.
- For the 2023 cohort, 20 young African women between 15-29 years will form part of this program from the following countries: Ghana, Malawi, Egypt, Botswana, Kenya, Tunisia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and Sierra Leone.
- Click here to apply online
- The online applications close on 6th November 2022 at 23:59 CAT.
- Once applications close, the AMI Team and ShE Alumni will review the applications and invite successful applicants to an interview in early-January 2023.
- The results of the interviews communicated via email, and selected applicants invited to join the ShE Cohort in late January 2023.