Prudential Emerging Visionaries applications are now being accepted! (ASHOKA Prudential Emerging Visionaries Programme)
Deadline: November 3, 2022
Do you have a desire to better your neighborhood and the entire world? Do you see opportunity when others only see problems?
In your application for Prudential Emerging Visionaries, describe how you are overcoming monetary or societal hurdles in your neighborhood and beyond.
A PROFILE OF PRUDENTIAL EVOLVING VISIONARIES
A national recognition program called Prudential Emerging Visionaries honors young people for their creative responses to monetary and societal problems in their local areas. A young individual with a big idea for impact and a plan to make it happen is an emerging visionary.
Here’s how it works: From now until November 3, 2022, we will be accepting applications from young leaders between the ages of 14 and 18 who are upending the existing quo and bringing new viewpoints to bear on societal and financial problems. The winners may be eligible for awards of up to $15,000, an all-expenses paid trip to the Prudential corporate office* with a parent or guardian, as well as continued mentoring and skill building to advance their initiatives.
A partnership between Prudential and Ashoka, a preeminent organization in the field of social impact, has resulted in Prudential Emerging Visionaries. We want to accelerate a world where everyone is aware of their ability to affect change by empowering young people to become changemakers. The news release is available here, where you can learn more about Prudential Emerging Visionaries.
- Participants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible:
- Participants must be between the ages of 14 and 18 at the time they apply and must not be older than 18 at the conclusion of the entrance period (November 3, 2022).
- Partners and groups are ineligible.
- Participants must be citizens of either Puerto Rico or the United States.
- Projects must have been initiated by participants on or before June 1, 2022.
- In-person competition winners required to bring one chaperone from April 22–25, 2023.
- Per person, one application.
- Submission of applications required in English.
- Emerging Visionaries with a Virtuous Community Spirit State and national honorees are ineligible to apply.
Prudential, Ashoka, Financial Health Network, or any of its affiliates, as well as the children and grandchildren of those employees, are NOT eligible to apply.
The selection committee will be searching for Changemakers who can succinctly respond to a variety of inquiries about the goals of their project, how it operates, and their changemaking experience.
The following standards applied while judging entries:
- Are you using innovation to improve your community’s social challenges or to create financial health and resiliency?
- Do you have a future vision? Potential to Scale Does this idea have the potential to scale even outside of your local neighborhood and will it have a significant impact?
- Connection: Do you demonstrate a thorough comprehension of the issue or obstacle you are attempting to overcome, as well as a strong bond with the group of people you are offering your solution to?
- Changemaker Attributes Are you driven to bring about change for the greater good of everybody, prepared to take the lead or act to address an issue, and seeking to inspire others?
- Winners chosen to represent the diversity of applications received in addition to evaluation criteria, previously disclosed. The target audience of a project or its partners can highlight diversity. Gender, accessibility, ethnicity, race, age, and geography are all examples of diversity.
- Each and every qualified participant will get:
- Peer review via the Challenge’s online platform, with access to other Prudential Emerging Visionaries applicants for viewing and connecting with.
- access to trainings available on demand to help you on your path to transformation.
- a digital participation certificate.
- the opportunity, if application filed by September 29, 2022, to be chosen for one of two ($1,000 each) Early Entry Awards.
- Those that win will get: up to $15,000 in cash, distributed as follows:
- Each of the 25 winners will earn $5,000, with 20 coming from the category of societal solutions and 5 coming from the field of financial solutions.
At the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters, the five Financial Solutions category winners asked to participate in a pitch-off. Then, for a total of $15,000, the 1 Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner given an extra $10,000 prize.
The Prudential Employees’ Choice Award, worth an additional $5,000, given to one winner in each category during the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s corporate headquarters. However, note the Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not qualified to receive the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award.
The Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit will be held in Newark, New Jersey on April 22–25, 2023. All 25 winners receive an all-expenses paid travel there with a parent or guardian. Participants will benefit from mentoring, skill development, and the chance to engage with senior leaders from Prudential during this exciting experience, which will help them advance their solutions.
To Apply for ASHOKA Prudential Emerging Visionaries Programme and for more Information Click here
*Take note that in the unlikely event that Prudential must postpone the live ceremony (at its sole discretion), a virtual ceremony will take place and no travel expenses covered.