Do you have an innovative idea? Would you love to turn your idea into prototype or transform your research into solution? TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) Programme 2022 is the best opportunity. Apply now!
Deadline: 31st October 2022
TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) Programme 2022 is a year-long programme, sponsored by TETFUND. It’s a unique opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities, to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions Including development and fabrication of prototypes.
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of our areas of focus:
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
- Health & Accessibility
- Information Communication Technology
- Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
- Streamlining / Improving Production Process
Will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation
The 12 month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab. The program will also include collaborations with the renowned Technion.
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of their areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
Ideally, your team should include:
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- More so, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)