Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) International Development Fellows Program 2022
Applications are open for the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) International Development Fellows Program 2022!
Deadline: November 30, 2022.
Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) International Development Fellows Program prepares dedicated global citizens to pursue a career in international relief & development work. CRS empowers Fellows to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to impactful work. Each Fellow works alongside experienced CRS staff to address critical issues facing developing countries today. CRS invites applicants of diverse backgrounds who are committed to our agency mission and strategy to join their global team.
The Fellowship is a unique 12-month professional development opportunity, designed to prepare Fellows for success in a range of onward positions with CRS. The Fellowship is centered upon skill building in the following four areas:
- Activity planning & implementation
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning
- Resource/budget management
- Research, assessments, analysis
- Participatory design
- Results framework & theory of change
- Proposal development
Systems & operations
- Supply chain and logistics
- Human Resources
- Finance & compliance
- Safety, security, risk mitigation
- Project planning
- Program implementation
- Capacity strengthening
- Reflection & assessment
- Fellows enjoy an international medical plan as well as vision coverage with zero deductible for in-network providers and low coinsurance and copayments.
- CRS provides each Fellow with basic furnished housing, which includes electricity, running water, internet and security services (if necessary). The Fellow’s housing is usually an apartment or house near the CRS office.
- CRS provides Fellows 20 days of paid vacation along with 12 days of sick leave annually. In addition, they offer 4 personal days to attend to emergency or non-emergency situations occurring during a normally scheduled work day.
- CRS covers relocation costs such as transportation to and from the country of assignment, visas, inoculations, etc. Additionally, CRS provides 100% employer-funded medical evacuation coverage for the Fellow and their dependents.
- CRS offers a 50% match on the first 6% of contributions as well as a contribution of 7% of pay regardless of employee contributions, after six months of service. (Note: Employees without a social security number are eligible to participate in an offshore retirement fund with the same contribution calculation.)
- Upon hire, Fellows have access to CRS’ robust online learning platform. Additionally, CRS will reimburse up to $5,200 per year for employees pursuing degrees and professional certifications, after one year of employment.
- Fellows from around the world. Including nationals of the countries where they work and from underrepresented groups in the U.S. and globally. They welcome applications from candidates of all faiths and secular traditions who share their values and commitment to serving those in need.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field
- At least six months work or volunteer experience in a developing country
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to French, Arabic and Portuguese)
- Willingness to work in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
- Please visit the FAQs to review the cover letter requirements.
Click here to apply
Visit CRS for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment