Atlas Postdoctoral fellowship 2023 for Researchers in East Africa
Deadline: December 9th, 2022
Apply now for the Atlas Postdoctoral fellowship 2023.The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi offer a short-term fellowship of three month in France for postdoc researchers from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Eastern Congo (Kivu) who have presented their thesis from 2017.
This research stay designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work. The call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
At the end of Atlas Postdoctoral fellowship 2023, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the IFRA with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
- Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600€ (paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
- Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
- Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
- Theme: Applicants must involve in social and human sciences research
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay.
- Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
- Applicants required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier.
- Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
- Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of December 9th, 2022, 17:00 (Paris time).
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal (a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters, spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, workplan)
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France. Expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship & explaining the work conditions they can offer
Visit official webpage for further information.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment