Deadline: 20th November 2022
Siemens Stiftung on behalf of the Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) consortium is calling Small and Medium-sized Enterprises with a focus on sustainable energy solutions to apply for its first Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA)Call for Entrepreneurs 2022
SESA aims to test, validate and later replicate scalable energy solutions in multiple locations supported by solid business models and partnerships between African and European stakeholders. SESA focuses on innovation within the three areas of:
- Energy access
- Productive use
- Circular economy.
The uptake of new solutions and business models requires close cooperation between innovative entrepreneurs, local enterprises, industry, city administrations and research and academic institutions. Small and Medium-sized Enterprises can play a key role in this process through the provision of their innovative products or services and by having a positive social as well as environmental impact on their communities.
With the acceptance that energy access and productive use are strongly correlated with economic development, Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA)Call for Entrepreneurs 2022 focuses primarily on Productive Use of Energy (PUE) solutions in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco and South Africa.
- Entrepreneurs selected through this call will receive a range of benefits including funding from €50,000 up to €70,000 per business over 18 months.
- Additionally, they get an opportunity to join the SESA Incubator Programme to strengthen their organisation based on their individual needs.
They can only consider applications, which meet the below minimum criteria:
- Your enterprise must be registered and operationally active in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco or South Africa;
- Your enterprise must have officially been in operation for at least two years;
- Your enterprise must have generated revenues and provide financial statements for the last two years (if 2021 is not available yet, please provide financial statements for 2019 and 2020);
- Your enterprise must contribute to at least two of the SESA Key Performance Indicators (please see the application form for further detail);
- There are no pending litigations against your enterprise or members of its management team;
- Your application should meet the thematic focus of your country’s challenge.
Applications must include all mandatory documents and submitted electronically via email to email@example.com before the deadline of 20th of November 2022.
List of mandatory documents:
- Application Form
- Certificate of incorporation/association and registration certificate
- Financial statements for the last two years (if financial statements for 2021 are not available yet, please provide financial statements for 2020 and 2019)
- If you operate as a non-profit, hybrid organization (both non-profit and for-profit entities) or governed by a charity/ NGO, they kindly request you to also submit: List of trustees and board members, Governance structure and if applicable, confirmation of tax-exempt status.