Deadline: 4 November 2022.
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO) is welcoming applications for the World Food Day Poster Contest 2022. They want to hear from you! Use your imagination and create a poster showing a world where no one is left behind, and everyone has access to healthy and affordable food.
Everything in our world is connected: from our food to our cultures, environment and economies. Today, many people continue to face global challenges like poverty and hunger, climate change, conflict and inequality. Global challenges need global solutions!
We can all learn how to be part of these global solutions, for a sustainable future where every person counts. Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry by filling out the form on our website.
15 posters in each category (60 posters) selected for the shortlist by the screening committee and notified in December 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
- The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
- The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
Participation is free of charge.
The entry period will begin at 12:00 (CEST) on Friday 27 May 2022 and will close at 12:00 (CEST) on Friday, 4 November 2022.
- The competition divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork also permitted. However, No photographs allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text But if text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted. Do not include personal information, such as names, school names or age, etc.
- All artwork must be original and should not include logos or photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- All participants encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book. Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided. All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
Only digital files saved as a JPEG accepted and submissions made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
Visit official webpage for further information on World Food Day Poster Contest 2022