Deadline: 30th September 2022
Applications for Feenix Graduate Bursary Programme 2022 are open.The Feenix team and its community believes in the potential of youth. They believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Feenix Graduate Bursary programme , they are looking for students who have completed their undergraduate degrees in the Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology and Finance faculties in 2020 or 2021 with historical debt.
The Feenix Graduate Bursary Programme 2022 offers:
- An opportunity to receive part or full funding for your studies including historical debt (everything on your fee statement will be covered such as tuition and accommodation expenses).
- Bursary candidates will receive access to a global-award winning financial literacy platform, Blackbullion South Africa. This platform delivers engaging and relevant content to help young South Africans make better financial decisions before, during and after University.
- South African citizens
- 35 years old or younger
- Students must have completed their degree in 2020 or 2021
- Students must have outstanding student debt
- Completed undergraduate degree at one of the 26 Public South African universities (unfortunately no postgraduate degrees or diplomas)
- Students who are NOT registered for further studies in 2022
- Students looking to get their degree so they can seek employment
- Students with family household income under R600 000 per annum (under R850k per annum if a student with a disability)
- If you are a student with a disability please include a medical letter stating the nature of your disability
- Students agree to opt-in to providing progress updates over next 12 months for funder reporting purposes (E.g. have they found employment yet? Are they continuing with their studies?)
- Students in the following fields of study: Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology, Finance/Commerce.
Ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply, as you will only be able to complete the application form in one sitting.
- An official fee statement (reflecting all debt accumulated) not older than 30 days on the university letterhead and/or stamped (Proof of Registration and Fee Quotations will NOT be accepted as a fee statement)
- A clear copy of your ID, certified and not older than 6 months. ( ID card copy to include both sides of card)
- Letter of completion (2020 or 2021)
- Academic Transcripts (if available)
- A motivation letter answering the questions “How would you describe your personal brand?” and “What makes your future worth investing in?” (1200 words max)