Jamlab Africa Journalism and media innovation reporting grants 2023(up to ZAR 20, 000 Grant)
Deadline: 30 September 2022
Apply now for the Jamlab Africa Journalism and media innovation reporting grants 2023. The Journalism and Media Lab (Jamlab Africa) is welcoming proposals that focus on enabling innovators, journalists and media professionals to find information they need to help them innovate
Jamlab Africa is a project by the Wits Centre for Journalism of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. We support innovation that grows and transforms journalism and media in Africa whilst developing media that meets the needs of more audiences through innovation, entrepreneurship and research. Our vision is to see ‘new ideas, new information, and new conversations reaching new audiences in Africa’.
Jamlab Africa Journalism and media innovation reporting grants 2023 will aid journalists during their discovery, development and creation of written work on ideas where others are seen to be innovators. In order to apply for this particular grant, journalists encouraged to submit proposals that focus on enabling innovators, journalists and media professionals to find the information they need to help them innovate.
- Grants of up to ZAR20, 000 each for in-depth reporting on subjects surrounding journalism and media innovations and innovators in Africa.
The following are potential focus areas to guide applicants:
- Case studies based on real-world examples that inspire, warn or make you think differently about innovations or innovators within journalism and media in Africa.
- Profiles of innovators within the journalism and media arena in Africa.
- Research reports on media sustainability, business models, newsroom metrics and analytics.
These are suggested areas of focus but journalists can also pursue others, as long as the focus is within the broader journalism and media innovation framework and based preferably outside of South Africa.
- Address an email with the heading APPLICATION: JAMLAB INNOVATION REPORTING GRANT 2023 containing the following items (attachments in MS Word or PDF formats) to email@example.com
- Applicant CV including a list of previous reporting
- A brief proposal for article/s written, and include a proposed headline
- This grant is intended for reporting costs, thus remote reporting encouraged. The value of the grant award is at the discretion of the Jamlab Africa team and is based on the complexity of the pitch.
- Applicants must have good written command of English and should be able to commit to Jamlab’s deadlines. The closing date for applications is 30 September 2022.
- For any further questions send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit jamlab Africa for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment