Deadline: 2 October 2022
Applications for Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist fellowship are now open.
The Falling Walls Foundation is offering a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022. Selected journalists will receive invitation to Berlin to meet international speakers and participants at the Falling Walls Science Summit on 7-9 November 2022.
The Falling Walls Foundation calls for applications from journalists outlining their chosen topic relating to the interdisciplinary programme of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022. Successful applicants will be invited to join an exchange with one of the festival’s numerous renowned partner organisations and speakers. Reporting can take place before, during or after the Falling Walls Science Summit . The fellowship grant aims to further strengthen the international public perception of Berlin as a location for scientific excellence and to contribute to the promotion of independent science journalism.
- Up to twenty media representatives will be selected. They will each receive a fellowship grant, provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. The grant awarded as a lump sum and includes travel, accommodation and per diem expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship programme (6-10 November 2022) as well as research and reporting costs, if those apply.
Applications are open to international media representatives with a proven track of journalist record (freelance or staff). Applicants expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit. There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.
Send your application documents in one PDF to email@example.com by 2 October 2022, 23:59 CEST.
- Cover letter and short exposé/research plan (1 – 1, 5 pages) on your preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Please note: the subject of your reporting must be based on one of the event topics. See the full list of topics below.
- Short CV of your journalistic career and – if applicable – journalism grants, awards, etc.
- Max. Three examples of your journalistic work within a field of science
- Contact person: Olena Taran, Press Officer Falling Walls Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org