Deadline: 30th November 2022
Applications for Ockenden International Prizes 2023 currently open! Ockenden International is looking for projects, activities and/or programmes (each ‘a project’) which advance self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people.
Ockenden International believes that all refugees and displaced people have a right to live with dignity and supported in seeking to achieve self-reliance. They recognise that self-reliance can be promoted in many different ways and so seek to make their support similarly flexible.
Prize money must only be used to help refugees and/or displaced persons in need. Ockenden International is required to ensure that prize money is used by a winning organisation for charitable purposes. It is anticipated that, in general, prize money is used to continue or expand the project referred to in the entry or for a similar future project run by the organisation.
- The four winning organisations will each receive GBP25, 000.
Prize money only paid to a bank account held in the organisation’s name. In no circumstances will prize money be paid to a personal bank account. Ockenden International will not be responsible for any bank or transfer fees.
- Projects that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people. These may be projects that are led by or have a high level of participation from displaced people themselves; projects providing education, legal assistance and/or livelihood assistance; or any other programmes that help refugees and/or displaced people build stable, independent lives.
- Projects that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Projects that have led to real change in the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Effective initiatives, with measurable evidence of outcomes.
- The project should be the entire focus of the entry. All entries should be made via the online Entry Form.
- All entries – and supporting documentation, including financials and accounts (in $US) – must be in English.
- If you do not have access or a stable connection to the Internet and/or would like a hardcopy, download the .pdf version of the Entry Form, fill in block letters, print, and post it to the address below .
2023 Ockenden International Prizes
c/- Context Graphics Limited
1 Savernake Court,
Old Church Lane
Middlesex HA7 2RJ
- The winners announced by the 31st of March 2023.