MENA-USA Empowering Resilient Girls Exchange (MERGE) Program 2022
Deadline: September 16 2022
Apply now for the MENA-USA Empowering Resilient Girls Exchange (MERGE) Program 2022
The Global Ties U.S. MENA-USA Empowering Resilient Girls Exchange (MERGE) Program 2022 brings together young women and girls from the United States and Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region in a supportive virtual space to develop emotional resilience skills.
Participants discuss and experiment with a variety of stress-relief and coping techniques while guided by trained facilitators, engaging in both synchronous (live) and asynchronous exchange. MERGE is an eight (8) week virtual exchange program in which you’ll learn about mental health, focusing on your own emotional resilience, and empowering your community.
You’ll spend your first week building a supportive global community through cultural exchange activities. The next five weeks will explore practical approaches to strengthening emotional resilience. You’ll be part of a 20-person section — 10 young women from the United States and 10 from the MENA region — and you will support each other in implementing these strategies in your own lives.
By participating in MERGE, you will receive:
- A Certificate of Completion in leadership and mental health awareness
- Access to the U.S. Department of State’s International Exchange Alumni network
- Eligibility for unique project funding opportunities of up $1,000 from the Stevens Initiative Alumni Small Grants program.
MERGE participants must:
- Reside in the United States or a MENA region country (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen);
- Identify as a girl or young woman;
- Be between the ages of 15 to 19 as of September 26, 2022;
- Speak English at an intermediate level or higher;
- Be available during the program dates listed above;
- Have access to a reliable, internet-connected device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) that can be utilized for at least three (3) hours a week for the duration of the program;
- Have an interest in mental health, community building, and international exchange.
Visit official webpage for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment