CFI Naija in Lights Training for skills’ Programme 2022
Deadline: 30 September 2022
Apply now for the CFI Naija in Lights, Training for skills’ Programme 2022! A programme aimed to allow you develop a personal project related to the general elections in 2023 more so developing your capacity to make work as a photojournalist sustainable and profitable.
CFI, the French media development agency is offering to train and support 10 Nigerian photojournalists to strengthen their capacities to produce quality information photographs and develop sustainable career plans for 10 Nigerian photojournalists. The agency aims to boost the abilities of these 10 candidates in producing high-quality, impartial images that promote social cohesion. The project will give this group of photojournalists from different regions of Nigeria, with varied and often self-taught profiles, the opportunity to improve their technical and journalistic skills.
Are you a professional Nigerian photographer exercising press photography or reportage for the media or on social networks? Looking to improve your technical and visual literacy skills and you would like to cover the 2023 general elections, or do you need help to refine your career plan and build your career in photojournalism? CFI Naija in Lights, Training for skills’ Programme 2022 is a great opportunity for you.
The support offered by CFI for the selected photojournalists:
- One (1) training session on photography techniques and identification of an individual project, 7 days in Kano (to be confirmed).
- One (1) training session on the principles of the photojournalism market and support for the development of an exhibition project, 7 days in Lagos
- Remote coaching and support for the development of an individual project (production of a photo report), 3 days per beneficiary spread over 4 months
- A joint exhibition of photographs organised by the Alliances Françaises network in Nigeria.
- The applicants must be a young journalist under 35 years of age,
- Employed by one or more established media outlets (private or public and on a freelance or in-house basis), or active on social media and exhibiting a certain degree of influence among young people (a number of subscribers on social networks (< 2k)).
- The applicants must be based in Nigeria and practising press or journalistic photography for at least 2 years.
- They sound knowledge of the basics of photography (writing captions, basic understanding of how to read an image, proficient in basic editing, etc.) and desire to become a professional photojournalist and to make a living from this profession.
- They are independent and creative and apply the rules of independence and impartiality in their photographic work.
Visit CFI Naija in light for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment