Deadline: 17 October 2022.
Nominations for the Commonwealth Youth Awards 2023, which recognise exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth, are now open.
The awards celebrate the outstanding contributions young people (aged 15-29) are making towards tackling global issues, improving lives and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust is delighted to partner with The Commonwealth Secretariat for this year’s Commonwealth Youth Awards.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust exists to support young Commonwealth leaders who are transforming their communities and provides flexible funding, practical tools and support, and a vibrant network.
Young people from the 56 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories: Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe and Canada, and the Pacific.
- The jury shortlist finalists, who each receive a trophy, a certificate and £1,000 in cash, and from them, regional award winners chosen. These will receive an additional £2,000.
- One of the regional award recipients will be accorded further recognition as Commonwealth Young Person of the Year and a total cash prize of £5,000.
- For the second year running the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust (QCT) has joined the Commonwealth Secretariat as a partner to offer one winner up to two years of flexible funding worth £20,000 a year, as well as coaching opportunities and organisational development support.
An independent pan-Commonwealth jury will judge the nominations based on impact, sustainability and innovation. The finalists and regional winners announced during Commonwealth Week in March 2023.
To submit an entry, an applicant must be:
- a Commonwealth citizen;
- between the age of 15 to 29 years
- have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer.
Nominees must show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work which contributes to at least one of the 17 SDGs.
To be eligible for the additional QCT prize, applicants must be aged 18 to 29 years old, and more so the founder or co-founder of a social enterprise.
Click here to Submit.
For further information visit Commonwealth Youth Awards 2023