Deadline: 29th August 2022.
Are you a young Tanzanian? Apply right away for the DijitoNaMimi 2022 Fellowship Program to be part of our 4 months Fellowship Program that will be split into 8 face to face (4hrs long) gatherings and the rest will be held online.
Digital media development in East Africa has opened up unprecedented opportunities for youth and women. With Digital Skills being the centre of decent work and global goals, LP Digital supported by Women at Web under DW Akademie continues with efforts through the #MitandaoNaSisi Initiative to onboard more Tanzanians on digital platforms and advocating for online safety and meaningful usage.
The DijitoNaMimi 2022 Fellowship Program targets 15 fellows for an immersive ‘digital you program‘ which aims to equip Youth in Tanzania with knowledge on digital rights, online safety and violence, digital resilience, and digital SKILLS in demand to participate in the digital economy.
The fellows will be trained to be leaders who can demonstrate safe, meaningful and positive use of digital platforms for personal and professional development. The program will have different subject trainers and leading thought leaders facilitate the session;
The fellowship program will cover training in;
- Digital Citizenship (Rights & Responsibilities)
- Digital Safety, Resilience & Online Violence
- Digital Branding & Storytelling(Content Creation)
- Intro to Digital Skills in Demand
- Opportunities in Freelancing
- Intro to Digital Marketing & Advocacy
- Fellows will also receive mentoring and coaching in any individual projects they would like to pursue for duration of 6 months after this program as well as linkages to any available opportunities.
- A modest transport and data allowance (for online gatherings) will be provided as well as refreshments during the sessions.
- O’Level education minimum
- 20+ years of age
- All genders can apply
- An active digital citizen with basic digital knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Demonstration of work and engagement of the training subjects, i.e journalist, influencers, content creators, free lancers, creatives, online safety ambassadors, campaigners, development champions etc
- Basic understanding and writing skills in English & Swahili
- Ambition to be a leader on digital spaces
- Applicants from regions outside Dar es Salaam are welcome but at their own cost unfortunately.
Apply through attached form link by 29th August 2022.
Visit official webpage for further details