Granada Writers in Residence Programme 2022
Deadline: September 1, 2022
A new international Granada Writers in Residence Program is being launched by Granada UNESCO City of Literature, which is supported by Granada City Council’s Department for the Arts, in collaboration with the University of Granada (through its University Extension Unit, International Development Unit, and Social Responsibility, Equality and Inclusion Unit).
Granada UNESCO City of Literature and the University of Granada are setting up this programme to foster contacts and forge bonds between writers from Granada and those from other cities and countries all over the world, to extend the international reach of Granada-based writers, to build international awareness of the cultural fabric of the city of Granada, and to promote Granada as a city of the arts that welcomes talent from abroad with open arms.
Granada Writers in Residence Programme will strengthen international partnerships generally in the arts sector and more so the field of writing in particular, which is one of the main objectives set by the city of Granada as a member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN).
- The Granada Writers in Residence Programme targets writers residing in any country in whichever language they write.
- Having published at least two books (prose fiction, essays, poetry, etc.), excluding self-publishing
- Intermediate to high level of language skills in English or Spanish.
Although optional, the following will also be highly regarded:
- Knowledge of Spanish language
- Cultural and historical interest in the city of Granada.
- An extract (1500–3000 words) from one of your books, in Spanish or English.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
- A month’s stay (30 nights) in Granada for two writers. at the Corrala de Santiago of the University of Granada.
- Granada UNESCO City of Literature will cover the travelling expenses of each of the writers selected.
- The University of Granada will arrange and cover the costs of accommodation for the two writers. Each will have their own room with full board at the university’s hall of residence for visitors (Corrala de Santiago).
- Granada UNESCO City of Literature and the University of Granada will provide the writers in residence with opportunities to participate in the city’s literary life, arranging contacts with local writers, involvement in workshops, teaching activities, and so on.
What do we expect in return?
- The writers in residence undertake to participate in public activities related to the local literary system, as proposed by the programme’s organisers, and further devoting the time of the residency to carry out their literary project.
- Residents also gree not to get involved in other public activities with other institutions or in other cities without prior notification to those responsible for the Programme.
- Likewise, they will commit themselves to publicly disseminate (on social networks, etc.) their stay as international writers-in-residence in Granada.
Completed application forms submitted by email to the contact person in the offices of Granada UNESCO City of Literature, Carmen Casares, firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than September 1, 2022.
For further information visit official webpage.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment