Deadline: August 19, 2022
Organizations are invited to submit applications for a regional GISR MENA Youth for Climate Action grant competition.
Through the USAID-funded Governance Integration for Stabilization and Resilience in the Middle East and North Africa (GISR MENA) Task Order, USAID is seeking climate change and environmental solutions from youth-led or youth-serving organizations across the MENA region.
Through this NOFO, GISR MENA Youth for Climate Action (MYCA) seeks to increase financing to and engagement of YLOs/YSOs advancing climate initiatives in the MENA region. The Activity also aims to leverage growing windows of opportunity to increase dialogue and awareness on climate change within the region more broadly.
- Up to eight organizations will be selected and receive up to $62,000 to implement their proposed climate initiatives.
- Selected grantees will also receive guidance and mentorship from climate experts throughout implementation, as well as organizational and advocacy capacity strengthening support.
- Organizations interested in applying must be locally registered in one of the following countries: Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Jordan, Tunisia, West Bank/Gaza or Yemen.
- Interested applicants from Yemen should note that only activities implemented in the Republic of Yemen Government (ROYG)-controlled areas of southern Yemen will be considered for funding.
- Organizations must be youth-led (leadership is under 35 years) or youth-serving (implement initiatives that support and benefit youth).
- Organizations led by or serving youth from marginalized groups, which may include age, gender, disability, ethnicity, and other identities, are encouraged to apply.
- For the purposes of this competition, youth are defined as those between the ages of 10-35 years of age.
- Organizations will be shortlisted and notified within approximately one to two weeks after the RFA closing date.
- Shortlisted organizations will then participate in a co-creation process with USAID’s implementing partner, Management Systems International (MSI), and climate experts to further design their proposed climate initiative and complete a full grantee application.
- Shortlisted applications will then be reviewed by a technical evaluation committee.
- Organizations selected for final award will be notified within one to two weeks of application submission.
Click here to register with MSI to submit your application.
For further information, visit official webpage