Deadline: November 15, 2022
The 2023 Amelia Earhart Fellowship application is now available, apply now!
In the aerospace sector globally, women make up about 25% of the workforce. Zonta International presents the Amelia Earhart Fellowship as part of its aim to ensure that women have equal access to all resources and represented in positions of decision-making on an equal basis with men.
Established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Zonta has awarded 1,704 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totaling more than US$11.3 million, to 1,275 women from 76 countries. Furthermore, Our Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
The US$10,000 Fellowship awarded annually to up to 30 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. It’s useful at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record conducting research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences.
- students must register in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and complete at least one year of that program or receive a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2024.
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Classified members :(club members and individuals with direct membership with Zonta International) and employees of Zonta International as well as the Zonta Foundation for Women, plus their family members (ancestors, descendants, adoptees, siblings, nieces or cousins, and those of their spouse or cohabiting partner), are not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
- The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board.
- All applicants evaluated on the criteria stated in the requirements section of the application.
- All details of the evaluations kept confidential more so evaluations not disclosed to applicants. Applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April.
- All applications must be completed in English and submitted using the online application form.