Deadline: August 19, 2022
Villgro Africa is currently accepting applications for the Female-Led Health Tech Startups in Ghana,aiming to support women in the health technology industry.
The Female-Led Health Tech Startups in Ghana a collaboration between Villgro Africa and Ghana Tech Lab, seeks startups in the Ghanian health tech space that have at least one woman in their leadership team to apply for the opportunity to receive incubation and funding support.
Villgro Africa is an incubator and more so an impact investment company which has supported over 40 startups across africa with funding and/or incubation. First established in 2015 as Villgro Kenya, we have expanding to offer support across 10 African countries and invested over $1.9 million in funding which has facilitated $18 million in follow on funding.
Ghana Tech Lab is established as a strategic ecosystem hub to accelerate and catalyze the position of Ghana as Africa’s number one (No.1) Centre for the development of a highly-skilled digital workforce and innovative startups. Since 2019 they provide a fertile platform for innovative promising start-ups to develop, accelerate and become investment-ready.
The Female-Led Health Tech Startup Call is a joint program which looks to provide the following benefits to a select 5 startups in Ghana:
- Grant funding totaling $50,000
- In addition,beneficiaries will receive 12 months of incubation support from Villgro Africa and GTL teams.This includes business modeling, product development, operations, investment readiness,plus governance and regulatory affairs.
- women-led and preferably female-founded / co-founded
- Must be in the healthcare space
- Have a minimum viable product
- Must be based in Ghana
- It must be for profit