Apply now and join the IFDA Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing & packaging training program 2022.
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
IFDA Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing & packaging training program 2022 is in collaboration with Cato Foods, Iwo, Osun State. The program provides a curriculum for youth to learn about postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging.
- To prevent food wastage, youth train in postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging, which is one of the mandates of the IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project.
- This training is in collaboration with Cato Food, Iwo, Osun State. The program provides a curriculum for youth (male and female) to learn about postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging.
- The program includes classroom teaching, hands-on learning in the field, and internships that can lead to employment opportunities or starting their own food-processing factory
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture especially food processing and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Iwo, Ileogbo, Oluponna, Kuta and environs given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant food processing companies.
- Females encouraged to apply
Deadline: 8th August 2022