OneBeat 11 & 12 Music Residency 2023
Deadline: September 2, 2022
OneBeat 11 & 12 Music Residency 2023 applications are currently open to musicians of all genres.The OneBeat 11 & 12 will bring two cohorts of 25 musicians together for two in-person United States-based arts exchange programs set to run in the spring and fall of 2023.
OneBeat is a music exchange and incubator for music-based social entrepreneurship, where innovative musicians from around the world launch collaborative projects designed to make a positive impact on local and global communities.An initiative of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in collaboration with the groundbreaking New York-based music organization Bang on a Can’s Found Sound Nation, OneBeat employs collaborative original music as a potent new form of cultural diplomacy.
The OneBeat 11 & 12 Music Residency 2023 program will be approximately 1 month in length. While in the U.S. the Fellows will participate in a residency, during which they will develop and rehearse original material. They will then go on a 1-2 week tour, during which they will perform the music they developed and rehearsed during the residency period. Throughout the program Fellows will develop and lead creative workshops for youth and community groups.
- Collaboration is central. OneBeat offers musicians the opportunity to collaborate on new projects and to explore new musical traditions. Rather than showcasing solo talent, OneBeat musicians will work together across stylistic and cultural divides in pursuit of new musical possibilities.
- Since OneBeat involves social engagement,We are looking for musicians who have a strong commitment to their communities and who are seeking new ways to engage in youth development, music education, music therapy, conflict resolution, a global dialogue through music, and other ways of working towards more egalitarian and democratic societies.
- The OneBeat program covers all Fellows’ travel, transportation, food, and lodging. We also offer a modest stipend. While we are not able to pay performance fees, OneBeat offers Fellows a chance to create new material, establish lifelong musical partnerships and friendships, learn new marketable skills, tour the US, and develop professional connections. OneBeat is a FREE program (but not a paid gig).
- Age:Applicants must be 19 or older by the time of the program (April 1, 2023) and 35 or younger at the end of the program (October 31, 2022).
- Musicians from all backgrounds encouraged to apply, with or without formal musical training. We welcome music of all genres, including but not limited to: traditional/folk, hip hop, experimental, electronic, jazz, classical, sound design, beat-making, multimedia art, or any combination of these styles.
- In additional to full-time professional musicians, we also invite adventurous musicians who double as community organizers, instrument builders, writers, videographers, musicologists, educators, storytellers, dancers, shadow-puppeteers, and more.
- OneBeat Fellows must commit to participating in the entire program. The OneBeat 11 which will take place April – May, 2023 and OneBeat 12 to take place September – October, 2023.
Eligible Countries and Territories
Albania, Algeria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Senegal, Serbia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela
- OneBeat Fellows must apply individually and will be selected as individuals. However, several members of a group are welcome to apply separately.
- All applications will be reviewed by a OneBeat Selection Committee made up of OneBeat staff, U.S. Department of State staff, and accomplished musicians. Selected Fellows will be notified by the end of January 2023, and will have two weeks to confirm their participation in the program.
- Approximately 50 participants will be selected this year. 25 participants selected to participate in OneBeat 11 (April – May 2023) and 25 participants to participate in OneBeat 12 (September – October 2023). There is only one application for OneBeat 11 and 12.
Register here to start.For further details,visit Onebeat webpage
join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment