ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) 2022
Deadline: 30th October 2022
Applications for the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) are now being accepted. The program shall be managed and coordinated by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), New Delhi with duration for a period of two to six months.
ASEAN- India S&T Collaboration started formally in 1996 with establishment of ASEAN India S&T working Group (AIWGST). Initially, the S&T activities were supported through ASEAN India Fund (AIF) of Govt. of India.Government of India established a dedicated fund namely ASEAN India S&T Development Fund (AISTDF) in 2008 to support projects and associated project development activities.
The ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF).is a fellowship scheme with the following objectives:
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
- As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may also have opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Masters Degree on their return to their home countries.
The area/ topic of research for availing AIRTF must be ASEAN centric and must be aligned with the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology and Innovation (APASTI). The fellowship is offered for working in research topics under any of the following broad disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
- Applicant must be holding nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working / studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member State. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- ASEAN applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Govt of India during last 3 years are not ELIGIBLE to apply.
- The proposed research work in India must be linked/connected and add value to any of the on-going research project/scheme of the Indian host Institute.
Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which include the following:-
- Round trip international airfare by lowest economy class and by shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 60,000 per month.
- One-time grant of INR 40,000/- as research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India.
- Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
For more details visit AI-RTF webpage
join us on Telegram as well as Whatsup for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment