Deadline: September 26 2022
The jury and open call for the 2022 Foundwork Artist Prize have been announced by Found Work with excitement! Register now.
The Foundwork Artist Prize is an annual juried award started in 2019 to recognize outstanding practices by contemporary artists. The Prize is open to artists working in any media and our annual selection process takes place in the fall.
Foundwork is an independent platform for emerging and mid-career artists to share their work with people across the global contemporary art community. We aim to support access and discourse between artists, curators, gallerists, and collaborators wherever they are based.
Each honoree is awarded an unrestricted $10,000 grant and studio visits with our jurors who include distinguished curators, gallerists, educators, and artists.
Each year, the honoree and three shortlisted artists are also invited for interviews as part of our Dialogues program to further public engagement with their work.
How to apply
Please note that while our selection process takes place during the specific time period stated above, Foundwork is designed to be a tool you can use to share your work with people across the art community on an ongoing basis, and you are welcome to keep your profile published on our website before and after the selection period if you wish.
Artists should see the following questions in this FAQ and the official Prize Rules for important information about eligiblity and the selection process. Please also note that apart from the above requirements, there is no separate “application” to complete in order to participate.
Register to create your artist profile on Foundwork at any time. If you have questions about how to create your artist profile, please see the relevant questions in this FAQ for detailed instructions. If your question isn’t covered in this FAQ or you need further assistance, you can email us anytime at email@example.com.
The 2022 Foundwork Artist Prize is open to
- Artists residing in any location worldwide, except for a few countries, states, and provinces listed below. Argentina; Arizona (US State); Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Cuba; Iran; Kosovo; Latvia; Macedonia; North Korea; Quebec (Canadian Province); Russia; Saudi Arabia; Serbia; Sudan; Syria; and United Arab Emirates (UAE). These geographic restrictions are for regulatory reasons beyond our control and we appreciate your understanding.
- Artists working in any media are eligible.
Additionally, in order to be eligible, an artist must:
- Be an individual who is at least 18 years old and otherwise able to enter into a binding contract;
- Not be a Foundwork employee, contractor, or their relative;
- Be able to use Foundwork and participate in the Prize in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and
- To be considered for the 2022 Prize, artists will need to maintain a published profile on Foundwork, with at least six artworks and an artist statement published on their profile page, throughout this year’s selection period: 5:00 pm PT, September 26 – 5:00 pm PT, December 31, 2022.
Artists who meet the above eligibility criteria will be considered equally whether an artist has a paid account or is in a free trial period. Artists are otherwise eligible regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, country of origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.
- Artists who have been honorees or shortlisted artists in past years are not eligible
The selection process will take place during the selection period as follows:
- Our staff will review the eligible artists, select fifty (50) finalists, and provide the list of finalists to the jury.
- The jury will review the finalists, select one (1) provisional honoree and three (3) provisional shortlisted artists, and notify us of those selections.
- We will contact the provisional honoree and provisional shortlisted artists individually by email to notify them that they have been chosen and to verify their eligibility (“Provisional Notice”).
- An artist must reply to our Provisional Notice by reply email within seven (7) calendar days after the date we send it, notifying us of their intention to be confirmed as the honoree or as a shortlisted artist (as applicable), and must provide us with documentation of their postal address and any other information we may request to verify eligibility.
- However, If an artist does not respond to our Provisional Notice within the required time or fails to provide any requested information, they may be disqualified and the jury may select another provisional honoree or shortlisted artist (as applicable) from the remaining finalists who will then be subject to the same notice and confirmation process outlined above.
- If an artist responds to our Provisional Notice within the required time and we determine they are otherwise eligible, we will send them a second notice by email to confirm them as the honoree or as a shortlisted artist, as applicable.
- An artist may also be required to accept and sign a written affirmation of eligibility and publicity release to be confirmed as the honoree or as a shortlisted artist, and we will provide such forms along with our Provisional Notice, as applicable
- Artwork in any media is eligible to be considered. However, please note that artwork reviewed for the Prize must be created by you individually more so, it must not also be attributed to anyone else.
- The first six (6) artworks that you display at the top of your profile page on Foundwork will be considered during the selection process.
- You are welcome to publish more than 6 works in your profile if you wish, and artists are generally welcome to publish as many works as they wish on the Foundwork platform. If you do choose to publish more than 6 works in your profile, any additional works may be reviewed at our and the jury’s discretion.
NOTE: any artwork or other materials submitted to us by email, postal mail, or otherwise will not be considered or returned and may be discarded at our discretion. Accordingly, please don’t send us any other materials.
click here to register.
for more information visit the prize webpage