IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s Nairobi office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Extended Term Temporary -Team Assistant (ETT) to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the assigned departmental team. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the Country Manager’s office and should be ready to step up to undertake new responsibilities and challenges with enthusiasm.
Job #: req18306
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 7/19/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Duties and Accountabilities:
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide high quality support to the departmental team, including scheduling of appointments, monitor documents for signature/approval; monitor and follow up on issues and priorities; handle incoming correspondence and internal and external queries; draft and handle routine correspondence;
• Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the teams work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc;
• Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application;
• Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness;
• Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines;
• Serve as an information resource on status of projects/products and draft a variety of standard project-related correspondence;
• Act as back-up to other ACS colleagues in the office in their absence or during a busy period.
• Undertake ad hoc duties that may be assigned by the Country Manager or the designated Country Office supervisor.
Work will involve frequent interaction with the following:
Internal contacts: other VP units, World Bank as well as staff in all locations, locally and internationally.
External contacts: Government Officials, Consultants, External Organizations, and other Service providers
• Minimum of High school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 2 years or more of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Relevant work experience in a large multinational organization.
• Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
• High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare draft communications and ensure quality of written outputs.
• Strong written and communication skills in English.
• Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed work force, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories. Click Here For more Information about Job Opportunities : E T Temporary – Team Assistant – Administration/Office Support
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.