The NYFF Youth Leadership Debate Competition 2022 is giving confidence to your voice as well as leveraging your voice as an effective tool to bring about a transformed Nigeria. The goal of the Youth Leadership Debate Competition is to provide capacity building to select young people across tertiary institutions and support them to critically evaluate information, advocate from the point of knowledge, and more so collectively shape their vision for Nigeria, hence equipping them to be active citizens.
Nigeria Youth Future Fund (NYFF) mission is to strengthen, support and enable young people in Nigeria for youth leadership, activism and social change through outcome-driven policy engagements and inclusive resourcing that will support youth in shaping and supporting medium and long-term national development.
The programme will engage university and tertiary-level students across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria through an online campaign and campus tour that will foster policy debates on key social economic issues and inspire active youth participation in electoral and decision-making processes – especially in light of the 2023 general elections. #The Nigeria We Want is the NYFF Youth Leadership Debate Competition 2022 center theme .
- 1st prize: N1, 500,000; a laptop for each member of the team + other benefits.
- 2nd prize: N1, 000,000; tablets for each member of the team + other benefits.
- 3rd prize: N600, 000; a phone for each member of the team + other benefits.
Requirements for Qualification
Open to young people in tertiary institutions across Nigeria;
Debate entries should focus on the following thematic areas:
- Employment and Education
- Media, Sport and Entertainment
- Peace building and Security
- ICT and Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change and Environment
- Civic participation
- A team of 3 to 4 students from the same tertiary institution applies by sending in a video of not more than 5 mins with 2 debaters addressing any socioeconomic issue from the 7 thematic areas.
- The video should be uploaded on any social media platform, and the link to the video provided on the application form.
- Evidence, such as course forms, of each team member, enrolled in the institution is required.
To apply,visit NYFF website
Application Deadline:July 15, 2022