With the support of the Department of Economy, Knowledge and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, the Women for Africa Foundation is launching an online Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women.
Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program 2022 includes a wide variety of courses in different subjects, including language courses, short university courses and specialized courses designed by the Universities of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and La Laguna, and their foundations, Fundación Canaria Universitaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas and Fundación Canaria General of the University of La Laguna, as well as by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC).
Furthermore, all these courses to be taken online and delivered between August and December 2022…However, Bear in mind that a high level of the language in which the courses are taught (Spanish, English or French) is required.
- A woman with nationality of an African country.
- Applicant enrolled in an African university or hold a university degree issued in an African country. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship requested.
- Have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Fulfill the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person allowed.
- Required documents: National identity card/Passport Photo, CV ,University Degree (as required)Academic Record, Motivation letter
Official language level accreditation if required as well as any document specifically required by the scholarship
- A committee of evaluators from the “Women for Africa Foundation” and the Canarias Islands Government will conduct a first evaluation of all the applications on the basis of the documents received.
Specifically, the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- The final selection will be agreed upon with each of the partner universities and the results personally communicated to each of the selected candidates.
- The final outcome wont be personally communicated to unsuccessful candidates.
- Once the selected candidates are informed, theyhave seven working days to accept the scholarship. Failure to express acceptance within the established period implies the loss of the scholarship and its reassignment to the next candidate according to the order established in the selection process.
Click here to apply.Only applications submitted through the website accepted.