EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants 2022. ($10,000)
Apply now for EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants 2022.This provides capital for Black women to accelerate growth for their brick-and-mortar restaurants. In partnership with Dine Diaspora, EatOkra Black women in Food Grants 2022 is providing $10,000 for Black women-owned restaurants across the United States, An opportunity which will allow these companies to “stretch their wings and embrace their aspirations for tomorrow.
Black women entrepreneurs face barriers to success due to limited access to funding as they receive less than 1% of venture capital, are three times more likely to be denied loans, and receive lower loan amounts even when approved. Out of 17% of new businesses started by Black women, only 3% eventually become mature businesses. While these businesses, especially restaurants, were hit hard by the pandemic, Black women-owned businesses are up by almost 30% on pre-pandemic levels. With more accessible capital, Black-women owned restaurants can reach maturity and positively impact their communities.
- Self-identify as a Black woman.
- Operate a brick-and-mortar restaurant location.
- Currently own at least 50 percent of a restaurant business.
- Be a restaurant located in the United States.
- Own three restaurants or less, and employ fewer than 50 employees per location.
- Be open for at least six months, but no longer than 5 years.
Prepare these documents for your application:
- Profit and loss statement for 2021.
Click here to apply. DEADLINE: JULY 17, 2022.
Leave a Comment