Deadline: 30 September 2022
2023 bursary application season is here! Apply for the Standard Bank Bursary. Whatever your ambitions are, this bursary offers financial support to help you study as well as making them a reality. Subsequently,We’re passionate about giving every young person the opportunity to thrive.
It’s just one of the ways we’re working to drive academic excellence throughout the continent, to ensure everyone has the best chance to succeed ,so as help shape the next generation of Africa’s talent.
The Standard Bank Bursary Programme designed to promote academic excellence and shape the next generation of African talent ,plus African leaders is available if you require funding for your first, second, third and final year of undergraduate studies ,as well as if you want to pursue your postgraduate studies up to Master’s level.
- Full tuition costs; Textbooks; Accommodation; Medical aid; Living allowance; Laptop; Mentoring and psychological support.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June)
- Be registered for full time undergraduate or postgraduate studies
- Meet the admission requirements of your university if applying for a post-graduate bursary.
- To qualify, you should be well-rounded academically, with strong performance in any of the following fields: Accounting, Actuarial science, Analytics, Commerce, Computer and data science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Information technology, Investments, Mathematics &Statistics.
- If you get through the first stage of application, we’ll invite you to participate in a formal assessment process, including (but not limited to) psychometric evaluation and an interview. Financial need is considered in applications.
- Bursary beneficiaries required to work for Standard Bank if they receive an offer of employment by the Bank upon graduation.
The undergraduate bursary is specific to students that are on track to successfully complete their 1st year and require funding from their 2nd year of studies onwards. Applicants should be well-rounded with strong academic results in funded qualifications.
Minimum selection criteria:
- Scholars must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations.
- Scholars must register for full-time undergraduate studies.
- scholar required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
- Financial need is considered in applications.
The Standard Bank Group Bursary provides full-cost bursaries to financially deserving and academically sound students wishing to pursue postgraduate studies in the funded study fields.
Minimum selection criteria:
- Must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations.
- Applicants must register for full-time postgraduate studies at a public South African institution of higher learning
- Applicants required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and interview.
- Financial need considered in applications.
The Standard Bank Group Bursary Fund is a full-cost bursary, covering the following study and study-related costs:
- University fees.
- Accommodation – in a university residence or in private accommodation. Private accommodation costs are subject to certain limits,explained to successful candidates upon the provisional bursary allocation.
- Meals – provided by the university or self-catering.
- Books and other study materials.
- A laptop computer.
- A monthly stipend covering other living costs.
- Transport between home and campus 4 times a year at the cost of a bus ticket.
For additional information visit the official site.