Do you want to change the prevalent narrative about Africa but aren’t sure how, AFRICAN YOUTH STORYTELLING CONTEST 2022 is here.Join the Youth in Landscapes( YIL) a growing global movement of thousand young people who are bringing good change to local landscapes’ sustainability.
This competition is a youth storytelling contest hosted by the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) with the goal of amplifying critical voices from throughout the African continent. To enter the AFRICAN YOUTH STORYTELLING CONTEST 2022. , apply here.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use in the world, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Food and livelihoods, landscape restoration, rights, finance, and monitoring success are all considered as part of the Forum’s holistic approach to creating sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, and resilient. GIL is a platform that offers a chance to network with people from all walks of life and exchange ideas about how to create effective, integrated landscape restoration projects and connect with professionals and peers
Contestants in the narrative will answer the following questions:
• What makes the topic you’re talking about essential and relevant to your community?
• In regard to this topic, what are the most significant challenges for your culture or community?
• Which opportunities does this topic present for your community?
• Are you working on a project or initiative related to this topic right now? If this is the case, you must give a quick explanation or demonstration!
Visit the website for additional details.
- The top three stories will each get a prize of EUR 500, EUR 300, and EUR 200.
- We’ll also be exhibiting the top 10 to 15 tales and announcing the winners at the GLF Africa Digital Conference 2022 on September 15, 2022.
- The winner stories will be seen by millions of people through social media and the press.
- Anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 is eligible to enter the competition.
- Born in Africa and currently residing there.
- Belongs to the African Diaspora but maintains strong ties to Africa.
- In Africa, he collaborates closely with indigenous peoples and local communities.
- Has a tremendous desire to increase the visibility of African youth.
- You must include the following information in your tale (for example, at the start or finish of the video or audio):
- Your whole name;
- Your city, state, and nation;
- The name of your neighborhood (if applicable)
Submit your video by 14 August 2022.