This is a program designed for participants to build technical skills in their fields of study. It provides them with an opportunity to spend up to an academic year at a U.S. community college and they may be given a certificate in their respective field of study. The participants will be able to immerse themselves in the culture and day-to-day life as well as strengthen their English language proficiency in the U.S. It is important to understand that the application deadline for this program varies from country to country – U.S. Department of State Exchange Community College Initiative (CCI) Program 2022/2023 For Technical And Vocational Students (Fully Funded To The United States)
Agriculture, applied engineering, business management and administration, early childhood education, information technology, media, public safety and tourism and hospitality management are the eligible fields from which participants can study.
The CCI program is intended for participants who come from underrepresented and underserved communities who upon completion of the program, will return home with the newly acquired skills and expertise to aid them to contribute to the economic growth and development of their respective countries.
Who is eligible?
The applicants for this program must meet the following requirements;
- Ensure that they can start the academic exchange program in the U.S. in July 2022
- Prove that they are eighteen years of age at the start of the program
- Must have a diploma from a secondary school
- Should possess a basic knowledge of English
- Must have the desire to build professional and leadership skills to contribute to the development of their communities
- And lastly, must meet the country-specific requirements of the country in which they reside
The eligible countries in Africa are;
You can click here for more information and the application procedure for the U.S. Department of State Exchange Community College Initiative (CCI) Program 2022/2023 For Technical And Vocational Students (Fully Funded To The United States) program