Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2022 (£5,000 Prize)
The Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards is an award created to support social projects advocating for change that supports innovative social start-ups trying to change an organization from the inside and people in need. (Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2022 (£5,000 Prize))
There has been a significant economic growth in most parts of the world over the last four decades and at the same time, there has been a rise in inequality, an intensified climate crisis plus a rising sense of disempowerment. This is what can be described as the decoupling of economic prosperity form social prosperity and sustainability of the environ. The aim of the Global Solutions Initiative is to address this decoupling trend through the generation of proposals that better align economic and political activities with the sustainability of the environ and social prosperity.
They want to recognize and award projects and initiatives owned and run by young people who come from around the world through the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards. These projects should embody the recoupling approach.
Applicants who succeed will become part of the Young Global Changers class of 2022 and also join a global community of at least 350 young changemakers with the overall best entry projects presented on the global solutions websites.
A jury will select three winners from ten participants who will be chosen to present their projects at the global solutions summit on March 28/29, 2022 in Berlin, Germany.
The overall winner will receive a prize of £5,000, second placed project will receive £2,000 and the third placed will receive £1,000.
Who is eligible?
This award is open to;
- Entrepreneurs and innovators who are young and have started or are involved in any leading role in a social enterprise which aims at aligning economic activities with the sustainability of the environ including social prosperity.
- Business leaders (young) who are aiming at changing the normal business practices from within organisations
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners or implementers of social, economic or environmental change on a local or regional, or on the global level
Step 1: Applicants are required to complete an application form and include all necessary information about the change project. The following information will need to be provided;
- Personal information such as name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth
- The project information such as name of the project, project description and connection to recoupling
- Lastly, upload the following documents
- Project description
- Short video of a maximum of five (5) minutes
Step 2: A jury will select and evaluate all submitted projects and the best will compete in the semi-finals. They will also be presented on the YGC website and ten projects will be selected for the finals. All finalists will be given additional information about the next steps after the semi-final.
Step 3: There will be an opportunity for the ten finalists to present their projects in front of a jury of experts and a global audience at the global solutions summit 2022 on March 28/29, 2022 in Berlin, Germany. The participants can either do their pitch on-site or digitally. However, doing the pitch digitally will be a disadvantage.
You can click here to fill the form and apply for the award for Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2022 (£5,000 Prize)
Leave a Comment