The PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator – MENA Sustainability Edition is an innovation project that seeks to identify and support emerging and disruptive technologies and services focused on reducing, recycling, and reinventing packaging materials. The concepts in this innovative project could include new products, technologies or services which aim to help reduce, recycle although they are not limited to; biodegradable or reusable materials, consumer behavior modification, applications or software, operations processes, tracking technologies etc. The innovations to be considered can either be totally new concepts or an already active initiative that needs scaling. (The PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator – MENA Sustainability Edition Program 2022)
The Minimum Requirements
- The innovation must have generated $250,000 – $5 million in sales in the last financial year OR have a validated prototype for use in the market within the next six months.
- It should be a licensed business in one of the participating MENA region countries (Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates UAE)
- You are required to agree to the terms below
- Be willing to work with PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator mentors and public relations team throughout the six-month accelerator program and attend accelerator events.
You should note that an external third-party will review all submissions and the selection committee will choose finalists based on the criteria listed below.
- The innovation must include the focus areas of environmentally sustainable packaging alternatives, packaging reduction and recycling options, sustainable recycling behaviour modification and/or purpose-driven solutions
- It should be unique in the market
- You must have a clear go-to-market strategy and plan for sustained in-market execution
- The team should have a balanced gender and ethnically diverse team.
- The innovation should have a scalable business model.
The Programme Details
- Selected innovators will be paired with a PepsiCo mentorship team and receive an initial $20,000 grant to work on a new business initiative focused on reducing, recycling and reinventing the packaging supply chain during the six-month program duration.
- The participants will have access to experts in a given subject matter, resources and a curriculum of business courses.
- Experts of PepsiCo will provide insights on research and development and perspective on business models, product development, regulatory practices, market activation and other areas.
- A panel of judges will award a participating company with a $100,000 prize to help advance and scale their innovation at the program’s closing event in July 2022.
November 21, 2021: A virtual application launch event will take place and applications will be accepted
January 10, 2022: Application submission deadline
February 9, 2022: In-person kick-off event and orientation will take place
April 16, 2022: A virtual mid-term event will take place
July 20, 2022: An in-person graduation event and final prize winner announcement will take place
Please click here to visit the official webpage of the PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator: MENA Sustainability Edition. – The PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator – MENA Sustainability Edition Program 2022