Applications are welcome for the DW Akademie Film Development Fund which has been started up to promote filmmakers from Uganda and Tanzania who are aiming at taking their career to the next step. (Deutsche Welle Akademie Film Development Fund 2021)
Apply by 25th October, 2021
Filmmakers who have already made more than one film and need support in their upcoming projects have been offered a program that will run for 1 year and will comprise of financial benefits, training and mentorship.
Two juries made up of adjudicators will award five filmmakers from each country with 10,000 Euros to support their next filmmaking project.
- Should be Ugandan or Tanzanian based and have some skilled expertise in filmmaking
- The film should have been released in theatre, TV broadcast streaming both domestically and globally
- Must be a national of Uganda or Tanzania
- The films ought to be a minimum of 1-hour length both fictional and non-fictional
- The fund majors within the production stage of the film that is making the concept, preparing finances and creating contracts.
Read the frequently asked questions before starting the application.