Apply for the Call for Code Education Innovation Case Competition 2021. It is a competition that offers both non-technical and technical teams around the globe a chance to devise innovative solutions that deal with the challenge of making quality education a right for all not a privilege. – CALL FOR CODE EDUCATION INNOVATION CASE COMPETITION 2021 (UP TO $37,000 IN PRIZES)
Deadline: November 11, 2021
The theme to the competition is “A future of education that ensures accessible and equitable quality education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all,” Powered by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4)
Your solution should address the various challenges in line with this theme and reveal how technology can aid communities in need around the world. While solution submissions do not require including working code, they must set out the technologies needed and how those technologies suit into the solution.
Grand Prize: $20,000 USD
- Global Initiative University (CGIU) will summon students from the winning team to take part in their year round program that supports the next generation in developing social impact projects to address crucial societal challenges. Winning team members will also get an invitation to CG 2022 virtual Annual meeting hosted by President Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, as well as access mentoring, skills training, networking, leadership development, and professional growth opportunity given by CGIU throughout the year.
- Each student from the winning team will be summoned to apply to IBM job opportunities. IBM will regard each application, and will invite winning team members to interview for roles they qualify for.
Runner Up Prizes: $10,000 USD
- Each student from the winning team will be summoned to apply to IBM job opportunities. IBM will look through each application and 2nd runner-up team members will be invited to interview for roles they qualify
2nd Runner Up Prize: $5,000 USD
- Each student from the 2nd runner up team will be summoned to apply to IBM job opportunities. IBM will look through each application and 2nd runner-up team members will be invited to interview for roles they qualify for.
Gamification prize winner
- $2,000 USD prize pool
- You can earn points by taking action on the event platform! The top 10 individual point earners will receive $200 USD.
Participants must be 18 years old or have reached the age of emancipation in the authority in which they are submitting their project, whichever is greater.
A team of up to five members is allowed.
Submissions will be judged equally across four primary criteria, which examine whether the solution applies technology effectively to solve a real-world problem.
- Relevancy and impact
How applicable is the solution to the stated challenge? How effectively does the technical solution address the identified issue within the theme? How helpful or useful would the results be to impacted communities? Can the solution scale over time to have a further reach across various user groups or geographies? Can success be measured?
- Design and feasibility
How is the design good, its user experience, and ease of use of the given solution? Have the identified issue, impacted users, and technology solution thoroughly researched, Given the provided data or facts demonstrating the team’s understanding of the problem? Is this solution possible, or just nice in theory?
- Innovation and originality
Is the solution new and disruptive? How unique and innovative is the address to solving a happening challenge through technology, including one or more IBM solutions? Is the solution differentiated from others existing on the market?
- Compelling storytelling
How well are the submission materials articulating the problem, the target user plus their experience, and how the technological solution would or will address the problem? How relatable and engaging was/is the solution story?
Application for CALL FOR CODE EDUCATION INNOVATION CASE COMPETITION 2021 (UP TO $37,000 IN PRIZES)
All final presentation videos and projects must be submitted on November 11, 2021 at at 9:00 pm PST so as to qualify for the case competition. Late submissions will not be accepted.
For More Information Click Here