2021 West African Research Centre Travel Grant of up to 3000USD
Applications are welcome for the 2021 West African Research Centre Travel Grant. This grant promotes cooperation within Africa and exchange among researchers and institutions through supporting African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions around the continent.
Deadline: 15th October 2021
These travel grants can be used in many ways such as:
- Attending and presenting papers at academic conferences held in Africa.
- Visiting different libraries in Africa with resources required for the applicant’s academic work.
- Engaging in group work with colleagues in other institutions located in Africa.
- Travel to research sites around Africa.
The travel grant provides 1500 USD towards travel expenditures and 1500 USD towards stipend.
Open to citizens of West African countries.
Those affiliated with West African colleges, universities and research institutions will be prioritized.
- Abstract of 50-80 words of the activity to be done
- Research description (6 double-spaced pages max) stating why travel is required. It must be in a simplified language for non-specialist readers.
- Photocopy of passport
- Proposed Budget
- Applications to be submitted online as PDFs.
- Recommendation letter
- If attending a conference; an abstract paper to be read and an acceptance letter to the conference.
- Invitation from another institution in case of visit.
- A description of the archives to be consulted and their importance to the applicant.
- A Recommendation letter from a professor overseeing your research in case you are a graduate student.
For more information kindly click 2021 West African Research Centre Travel Grant of up to 3000USD
Leave a Comment