UN – JUPSA Media Awards on HIV/AIDS
The United Nations Joint Program on HIV and AIDS (UN – JUSPA), Uganda AIDS Commission, the ministry of ICT and African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) request for call for entries for the 2021 media awards on HIV/AIDS, violence. – UN – JUPSA Media Awards on HIV/AIDS
Deadline: 30th September 2021
These awards were launched by UN-JUSPA in December of 2020, in honor of the Distinguished reporting on Uganda’s fight to achieve universal access to HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and support Stopping and reversing the spread of HIV plus contributing to the attainment of the related Millenium Goals. Addedly, Journalists, media managers plus owners, and independent content creators are recognized for achieving the UNAIDS vision of Zero New Infections, Zero AIDS-related Deaths, and Zero discrimination.
Categories for UN – JUPSA Media Awards on HIV/AIDS
14 competition categories in this award were named;
- HIV fast track Ambassador Award
- Best Investigative story; 3 separate awards will be given for the best investigative stories broadcast, print and online platforms.
- Best online platform, newspaper, television, and radio.
- Best news story; 3 separate awards will be awarded for the best news stories produced for broadcast, print and online platforms.
- Best Featured story; again 3 separate awards for this one to be given to the best feature stories produced for online platforms, broadcast and print.
- Winners will be recognized at the annual awards gala that is held on World Aids Day, plus their work will be amplified on the awards website.
- Winners will be awarded a commemorative plaque, a substantial prize and a framed certificate.
- Open to journalists, Online media platforms, independent content Producers and media houses in Uganda;
- The work should have been produced between July 1, 2020 and August 30, 2021
Kindly Download the awards submission entry form and follow the submission ways listed below:
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: ‘HIV awards 2021 submission ( and mention the chosen category, e.g. Best feature story)’
- You can physically deliver it to the African Centre for Media Excellence, C/o ACME Awards secretariat, plot 130 M. Nanjala Road, Bunga Soya, Ggaba Road, Kampala.
For more information Visit ACME Uganda’s offficial page.
Leave a Comment